- Nearly 50% of people with eating disorders meet the criteria for depression.
- 95% of those who have eating disorders are between the ages of 12 and 25.
- 25% of college aged women binge and purge as a weight-management technique.
- Men are less likely to seek help for eating disorders because of the false perception that it is a “woman’s disease”.
- Nearly 14% of gay men suffer from bulimia and over 20% of them suffer from anorexia.
- 20% of people suffering from anorexia will prematurely die from complications related to their eating disorder, including suicide and heart problems.