WHAT YOU’LL LEARN TO DO: Classify individual bones by different criteria and identify the bones of the axial skeleton.
- Classify bones by shape.
- Identify the major components that make up an intact bone.
- Distinguish between the different types of bone processes and features.
- Identify the bones of the axial skeleton and know which processes and features are unique to them.
- Reading: Categorizing bones by shape.
- Exercises 6.1
- Reading: Compact bone, spongy bone, and other bone components.
- Exercises 6.2
- Reading: Bone markings, processes, and cavities.
- Exercises 6.3
- Reading: The axial skeleton. The bones of the skull.
- Exercises 6.4
- Reading: The hyoid bone. The vertebral column.
- Exercises 6.5
Click here to download the exercises for this module in MS Word format: AP_Lab_Module_6_Exercises
Click here to download the exercises for this module in PDF format: A&P_Lab_Module_6_Exercises_PDF
If you want a PDF file of the entire lab, it is available here: A&P_Lab_Module_6_Bone_Overview_&_Axial_Skeleton