What You’ll Learn To Do: Examine the origins of art, especially in the Western world.
In Chapter 2 we will examine the birth of art. We will look at how the earliest art contributed to the development of Western art. It is imperative to understand the birth of art in order to see how it impacted later artistic developments.
The learning activities for this module include:
- Review: Key Learning Items
- Read: Prehistoric Art: Paleolithic Origins
- Watch: Nude Woman (Venus of Willendorf) (4:19)
- Read: Paleolithic Art Explained
- Read: The Neolithic Revolution
- Read: Jericho
- Read: Çatal Höyük
- Read: Stonehenge
- Review: External Resources
- Submit: Module 2 Quiz (5 points)