After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Contemporary art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Contemporary art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Contemporary art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- How do we define Postmodernism?
- What types of art have been created since the 1960s?
- How have societal changes affected the art of the later 20-century?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- Pop art
- Benday dots
- silk-screen technique
- Process art
- Performance art
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.