After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Italian Baroque art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Italian Baroque art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Italian Baroque art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- How did the Baroque look different across Europe?
- What are the key characteristics of Italian Baroque art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- Italian Baroque
- coffered dome
- tenebrism (tenebroso)
- quadro riportato
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.