What You’ll Learn To Do: Understand and use geometry to solve problems.
- Apply formulas to solve perimeter, area, surface area, and volume problems.
- Solve problems using similar triangles and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Distinguish Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry.
- Describe the study of topology and its importance.
- Describe the study of networks and its importance.
- Recognize and create tilings.
- Recognize when geometry is applicable to real-life situations, solve real-life problems, and communicate real-life problems and solutions to others.
The learning activities for this module include:
- Read: Perimeter and Area
- Read: Triangles
- Read: Volume
- Read: Surface Area
- Read: Graph Theory
- Watch: Graph Theory Videos
- Read: Topology, Tiling, Non-Euclidean Geometry
- Submit: Perimeter and Area (12 points)
- Submit: Triangles (4 points)
- Submit: Surface Area and Volume (14 points)
- Submit: Graph Theory (2 points)
- Submit: Topology, Tiling, and Non-Euclidean Geometry (7 points)
- Discuss: Application of Geometry (20 points)
- Complete: Exam 1