What You’ll Learn To Do: Identify, make, and interpret logic.
- Identify, make, and interpret logical statements in English and symbolic notation.
- Express and interpret connectives (including negation) in English and symbolic notation.
- Express and interpret logical quantifiers, and their negations, in English.
- Express and interpret the propositions of conditional, converse, inverse, and contrapositive in English and symbolic notation.
- Construct and interpret truth tables to evaluate the truth value of a compound statement, determine whether or not two statements are logically equivalent, and determine the validity of an argument.
- Recognize when logic is applicable to real-life situations, solve real-life problems, and communicate real-life problems and solutions to others.
The learning activities for this module include:
Reading Assignments and Videos
- Read: Logic
- Read: Truth Tables and Analyzing Arguments: Examples
- Watch: Truth Tables: Conjunction and Disjunction
- Watch: Truth Tables: Implication
- Watch: Analyzing Arguments with Truth Tables
- Read: Negating “all,” “some,” or “no” statements
- Submit: Logic Homework Assignment #1 (16 points)
- Submit: Logic Homework Assignment #2 (14 points)
- Discuss: Truth Table Practice (10 points)
- Discuss: Logic Application (20 points)
- Complete: Exam 2