Read the article “Piracy Gave Me a Future” by Daniel Starkey. Write an essay in response to one of the prompts listed below. The essay should be between 350-500 words in length and your essay should meet the following criteria:
- Have a clear introduction that states the main theme or thesis of the essay
- Have a clear beginning, middle and end.
- Makes explicit reference to both the reading and to your own/others’ experience with the topic.
- Provide enough detailed discussion of ideas so that a reader could learn something significant about your thinking on this topic
- Use proof reading and editing effectively so that your surface error rate (grammar, spelling, punctuation) does not interfere with a reader’s understanding.
Your essay should address one of the prompts listed below.
- The article poses the moral dilemma of doing something illegal for his own growth and prosperity—that, in a way, he deserved to pirate games on the internet. Based on your own experience, do you agree or disagree with the author? Be sure to reference the reading directly.
- According to the article, the author says that piracy helped get him out of poverty. Compare and/or contrast his experience with your own. Has there been something that helped you get out of situation? Be sure to make direct reference to the reading.