Describe the social and interpersonal impacts of family challenges
As the structure of family changes over time, so do the challenges families face. Events like divorce and remarriage present new difficulties for families and individuals. Other long-standing domestic issues such as abuse continue to strain the health and stability of today’s families.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Understand the social and interpersonal impact of divorce
- Describe the social and interpersonal impact of family abuse
The learning activities for this section include:
- Reading: Divorce and Remarriage
- Reading: Violence and Abuse
- Self-Check: Challenges Families Face
There is also a relationship between family dynamics and poverty, although you’ll see in this video that there are many other factors that influence poverty levels.