Define marriage and family
In this section, you’ll learn how family is defined and how family dynamics are changing and evolving.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Describe society’s current understanding of family
- Recognize changes in courtship, marriage and family patterns
- Differentiate between lines of decent and residence
The learning activities for this section include:
- Reading: Defining Family
- Reading: Marriage and Courtship Patterns
- Reading: Lines of Descent and Family Stages
- Self-Check: Marriage and Family
Watch this video about perceptions on modern dating and consider how you might respond to these same questions about relationships.