American History I
Summer 2017 (VA)
American Revolution Research Paper
Due Date: June 27, 2017. Late papers will receive a grade of 0%.
The research paper must use APA (American Psychological Association) format. You do not have to submit an abstract page. If the APA format is not used then the paper will automatically receive a 0%. Please refer to the following for specifics on APA format:
- Length: Minimum of 9 and maximum of 10 pages (Follow APA guidelines) (title page and references page do not count towards the 9-10 pages)!
- Minimum of six references.
- You will need to write a Thesis Statement that must be approved by me, no later than Friday, May 26, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST. Email your proposed thesis statement to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have your thesis approved by this date you will receive a 0% for the research paper.
Your paper can focus on any aspect of the American Revolution. For example:
- Benedict Arnold, Traitor or American Hero?
- The impact of the Mohawk Valley on the American Revolution.
- Battle of Saratoga, what factors contributed to an American Victory?
- What was the role of Thomas Paine’s Common Sense in promoting the movement for independence?
Throughout the years of my teaching there have been students that have been given 0% for plagiarizing their research papers, either by purchasing them from an online service that enables cheating, or turning in a paper written by another student for another class, or by cutting and pasting directly from a website without attribution. Please don’t put yourself or me in this situation. It is not that hard to track down a plagiarized paper online, and it is often obvious when a student turns in someone else’s paper. It is unfair to the vast majority of students who work hard and do their own research to take this shortcut, and it would be better to not do the research paper than to plagiarize this assignment.