HU 115 – Art Appreciation will introduce you to the world of art. Many of us have gone to a gallery or museum and had a very rewarding and enriching experience. But frequently we experience some gaps in our ability to fully understand what art means. Especially with the art of the 20th century we are left to our own ideas about what we like, or what we think is good art.
We will be using the internet with links to websites that will enrich our art experience in new and exciting ways. We will be visiting a virtual museum, referred to as ” A Museum Without Walls”.
The course will involve the following activities:
1. Reading chapters from the online text
2. Hands-on projects such as drawing , painting, sculpture; and an art project in architecture.
3. Class Discussions called Virtual Seminars
4. Individual research in the form of Written Assignments.
5. Tests from Chapter Readings
6. A Museum Project where each student visits a Museum.
Don’t let all the formal requirements above scare you away. The art we will be looking at is extremely thought provoking and interesting. The art projects assigned are fun to do, and easy to accomplish.