After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of the earliest Western art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this era
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of the earliest art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of the earliest art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- How is the human figure portrayed in the earliest art?
- How has what has survived influenced our views on the earliest art?
- What is the difference between Paleolithic and Neolithic art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- Paleolithic art
- portable art
- stationary art
- figurative art
- non-figurative art
- Neolithic art
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.