After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Contemporary art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Contemporary art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Contemporary art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- What are the various types of art produced in the late 20-century?
- How is contemporary art different but also similar to art produced in earlier eras?
- What is the future of art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- Conceptual art
- Feminist art
- Earth art
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.