After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Northern Renaissance art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Northern Renaissance art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Northern Renaissance art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- What are the unique characteristics of Northern Renaissance painting?
- How does Northern Renaissance painting differ from Renaissance art in Italy?
- When and where do we first see the widespread use of oil paint?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- oil paint
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.