After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Italian Renaissance art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Italian Renaissance art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Italian Renaissance art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- Why was Florence such an important city for the development of Renaissance art?
- What did early Renaissance art look like?
- What were some of the key developments in Renaissance art?
- How did Renaissance art look different from earlier art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- linear perspective
- vanishing point
- horizon line
- free-standing sculpture
- classical architecture
- barrel vault
- Ionic capital
- Corinthian capital
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.