After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Nineteenth Century art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Nineteenth Century art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Nineteenth Century art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- How did artists of the 19-century react to developments in technology and science?
- What were the various styles created throughout the 19-century?
- What role did the emerging art market play in the creation of 19-century art?