In this module we will look at some early 20th century art movements, and learn about 20th, and 21st Century architects as artists.
After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Modern art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Modern Century art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Modern art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- How did Modern art develop?
- What were its precursors?
- What was the influence of WWI on art?
- How did Modern art reflect societal changes?
In Chapter 12 we will examine Modern art. We will look at how artists like Matisse contributed to the development of Western art. It is imperative to understand Modern art in order to see how it impacted later artistic developments.