What you’ll learn to do: analyze different strategies to control monopolies, including natural monopolies
In this section, we will learn about what measures the government takes to restrict and regulate monopolies. You’ll learn more about corporate mergers, regulating anti-competitive behavior, natural monopolies, and the Great Deregulation Experiment.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Monopoly and Antitrust Policy
- Reading: Corporate Mergers
- Reading: Regulating Anticompetitive Behavior
- Reading: Regulating Natural Monopolies
- Reading: The Great Deregulation Experiment
- Self Check: Controlling Monopolies
Take time to review and reflect on each of these activities in order to improve your performance on the assessment for this section.