What you’ll learn to do: understand the way government regulations (like tariffs, quotas and non-tariff barriers) affect businesses, consumers and workers in the economy
In this section, you will analyze the ripple effects of government regulations on the economy.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Restrictions on International Trade
- Video: Why Do Countries Restrict Trade?
- Reading: Justifications for Trade Restriction
- Video: Types of Trade Restrictions
- Case in Point: Outsourcing, Insourcing, and Employment
- Reading: The Tradeoffs of Trade Policy
- Self Check: Impacts of Government Regulations
Take time to review and reflect on each of these activities in order to improve your performance on the assessment for this section.