As a new employee, you have been asked to learn about spreadsheets. The first task is to learn the vocabulary and how the information displays on a spreadsheet. Next you will practice building a practice worksheet from a blank form followed by using a spreadsheet to create your personal budget.
Learning Outcomes: The student will:
- Understand spreadsheet vocabulary
- Be able to label elements of a simple spreadsheet
- Be able to create a spreadsheet from a blank form by
- Enter and edit data in columns and rows
- Understand how to use the AutoSum key, as well as a simple formula
- Spreadsheet Components – review the terms used for spreadsheets
- Concepts Quiz. Using the Spreadsheet Components, take the concepts review quiz. (12 points)
- Building a Spreadsheet – Information on how to create a spreadsheet.
- Test Scores Assignment. Create your first spreadsheet (5 points)
- Personal Budget Assignment. Create a Personal Budget based on what you have learned. (10 points.)
Submitting your work:
- When completing each task, make sure to save your document to the desktop or your personal storage unit (memory stick, jump drive, etc.)
- Click on the underlined word(s) at the top of each assignment. An “emaillike” format appears with the number of points possible in the upper left corner.
- Find the box “Browse My Computer.” Click on that and search for your saved document.
- Click Submit.
- For additional help, please see the EXTRA HELP folder in the CONTENT area called “How to Submit Your Work.”