Student tray containing the following:
- 2-250ml beaker
- 1-10ml graduated cylinder
- 1-25ml graduated cylinder
- 1-100ml graduated cylinder
- 1 stir rod
- 1 spatula
- 1 container of 6M HCl w/pipet
- 1 container of Methanol w/pipet
- 1 container of CuCl2 ∙ 2 H2O
- 1 container of Al
- Beaker labeled ACID WASTE
- 1 DI water bottle
- Weigh boats
- Beaker of disposable supplies
Safety and Notes
- Review MSDS information on all chemicals before coming to class.
- Reactions should be done under hood.
- HCl is corrosive; please use protective gear and caution. If you get it on your skin, flush with copious amounts of water and inform your instructor.
- Methanol is flammable. Keep away from heat sources.
- All waste should be ultimately disposed of in the container labeled CHM 111 WASTE in the back hood.
- Remember to clean up any spills, wash glassware and return all items to proper trays.
- Do not touch metals with hands.
- Use proper labeling techniques.