- Student tray containing the following:
- Aluminum foil
- Rubber bands
- Needle or paper clip
- boiling stones
- 125 mL Erlenmeyer flask
- 100 mL graduated cylinder
- 600 mL beaker
- 10 mL graduated cylinder
- watch glass
- Container of Unknown Liquid A
Safety and Notes
It is important to follow the safety guidelines below while performing this lab.
- All compounds should be treated with caution. Inhalation of the vapors should be avoided. Skin contact should be limited. Spills should be dispersed on paper toweling and the towel removed to evaporation in the fume hood.
- The unknown is a flammable liquid, use caution when it is being heated.
- All chemicals should be disposed of in the CHM 111 Waste container in the back hood.
- Wash, clean and put back all equipment before leaving lab.