Investigate the difference between metals that are magnetic and those that are not, and do any research needed to thoughtfully consider the following questions:
- Are there specific factors or parameters that affect magnetism?
- What are the magnetic surfaces in your home/kitchen/workplace made of?
- Why does Earth has a magnetic field?
- What are some of the inventions or ways humans have made use of Earth’s magnetic field?
- Breakfast cereal is often fortified with iron. Do you think the iron in cereal is magnetic? Why or why not. Now watch this video
Post a paragraph or two about what you found most interesting, or what you learned through this investigation into magnetism.