This module discusses two major theories that chemists use to understand molecular structure and function: Valence Bond Theory and Molecular Orbital Theory. In this discussion, we will compare and contrast the two theories.
Answer the following questions:
- Why do we use/learn multiple theories to explain this one thing?
- Explain one difference between the theories.
- Explain one similarity between the theories.
- Which do you personally prefer and why?
- Respond thoughtfully to another poster who prefers the opposite theory as you do.