What is Netiquette?
Netiquette refers to using common courtesy in online communication. All members of the class are expected to follow netiquette in all course communications. Use these guidelines:
- Use capital letters sparingly. THEY LOOK LIKE SHOUTING.
- Forward emails only with a writer’s permission.
- Be considerate of others’ feelings and use language carefully.
- Cite all quotations, references, and sources (otherwise, it is Plagiarism).
- Use humor carefully. It is hard to “read” tone; sometimes humor can be misread as criticism or personal attack. Feel free to use emoticons like :) for a smiley face to let others know you are being humorous.
- Use complete sentences and standard English grammar to compose posts. Write in proper paragraphs. Review work before submitting it.
- Text speak, such as “ur” for “your” or “ru” for “are you” etc., is only acceptable when texting.
These sites offer more information about Netiquette:
Social Media Etiquette
Review this video to learn about Social Media Etiquette: