For this assignment, review the feedback from your peer review, work your way through the revising and proofreading stages of the writing process, then submit your final version of the essay.
- Review the grading rubric as listed on this page.
- Review feedback
- Work through the revising and proofreading stages of the writing process.
- Create a final version of your Compare/Contrast Essay according to the following formatting guidelines. Papers submitted that do not meet the requirements will be returned to you ungraded.
- 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages (about 600–750 words), 12 pt font size, Times New Roman
- MLA formatting (see the MLA Format page as needed)
- Submit your final version of your Compare/Contrast Essay as a single file upload.
Grading Rubric: Compare/Contrast Essay Prewriting and Draft
|Criteria||Rating: Meets Expectation||Approaching Expectation||Point Total: 100|
|Ideas||The paper demonstrates outstanding or above average idea development demonstrating comparison and contrast between ideas.||The writer sufficiently defines the topic, even though development is still basic or general.||__/30 pts|
|Content||The paper demonstrates outstanding or above average evidence of supporting the main point. Paragraphs are well-developed and clear, showing how things are similar or different, and why.||The writer demonstrates sufficient support of the main point, but could use more supporting details.||__/30 pts|
|Organization||The organization is clear and showcases the central theme. The presentation of information is compelling.||The organizational structure is strong enough to move the reader through the text without too much confusion.||__/30 pts|
|Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, Conventions||The writer demonstrates an outstanding word choice selection, flow and cadence, with well-built sentences and strong grasp of standard writing conventions.||The writer demonstrates sufficient selection of words. The text tends to be more mechanical and contains some errors of standard writing conventions.||__/10 pts|
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.