For this assignment, review the feedback posted from your peer review, work your way through the revising and proofreading stages of your writing process, then submit your final version.
- Review the grading rubric as listed on this page.
- Review the feedback from your peer review.
- Work through the revising and proofreading stages of the writing process.
- Create a final version of your Cause-and-Effect Essay according to the following guidelines. Papers submitted that do not meet the requirements will be returned to you ungraded.
- 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages (about 600–750 words), 12 pt font size, Times New Roman
- MLA formatting
- Submitted as either a .doc, .docx, .rtf file.
- Submit your final version of your Cause-and-Effect Essay as a single file upload.
Grading Rubric: Cause-and-Effect Essay—Final Draft
|Criteria||Rating: Meets Expectation||Approaching Expectation||Point Total: 100|
|Ideas||The paper demonstrates outstanding or above average idea development demonstrating cause and effect.||The writer sufficiently defines the topic, even though development is still basic or general.||__/30 pts|
|Content||The paper demonstrates outstanding or above average evidence of supporting the main point. Paragraphs are well-developed and clear, showing how one thing led to another, and why.||The writer demonstrates sufficient support of the main point, but could use more supporting details.||__/30 pts|
|Organization||The organization is clear and showcases the central theme. The presentation of information is compelling.||The organizational structure is strong enough to move the reader through the text without too much confusion.||__/30 pts|
|Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, Conventions||The writer demonstrates an outstanding word choice selection, flow and cadence, with well-built sentences and strong grasp of standard writing conventions.||The writer demonstrates sufficient selection of words. The text tends to be more mechanical and contains some errors of standard writing conventions.||__/10 pts|