This module explains the difference between the fire fighter’s workplace and their staging area. The module also explains steps fire fighters can take to improve their own work environment. We will also discuss specific safety issues such as door closers, egress windows and residential sprinklers.
After completing this module the student will be able to:
- Describe what is the fire fighter’s work place;
- Describe what is the fire fighter’s staging area;
- Explain three ways to improve occupants safety;
- Explain how often fire escapes shall be inspected;
- Know when egress window requirements were established for fire fighter safety;
- Explain how vinyl siding and foam insulation products are tested for flame spread ratings;
- Explain how automatic door closers can improve fire safety;
- Describe some actions fire fighters can take to improve safety;
- Explain the importance of residential sprinklers on fire growth;
- Identify a number of sprinkler myths;
- Explain the Fire Sprinkler Act and time table for adoption.