In this assessment you will interpret and compare two mass wasting events. You will use Google Earth to complete the assignment. Remember to access the tips and hints at the bottom of the page.
Basic Requirements (assignment criteria):
- Open Google Earth.
- Type into “Earthquake Lake, WY” into the location search box.
- Google Earth will fly you to the location. You will need to zoom out just a bit. To the southwest is a mass wasting event that dammed up a river and created the lake. If you move to the south and spin around using the tool in the top right you can actually see the scarp from the event. Make notes and take screen shots of the area and the event.
- Now type “Lake San Cristobal, CO” into the search box. Again you will need to zoom out momentarily. Look to the northeast and you will notice the source of the event. Make notes and take screen shots of the area and the event.
- Compare and contrast the two events, making sure you identify the type of mass wasting at each location. Do a little snooping around the areas to learn about the locations of each.
- Insert your pictures into the document.
- Make sure your name is on the document before saving.
Tips and hints can be found here.
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.