Describe critical components of groundwater
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Differentiate between groundwater and the water table
- Describe how groundwater is affected by porosity and permeability of geologic materials with respect to different types of aquifers.
- Compare and contrast potential well use within various types of aquifers.
- Identify issues with groundwater withdrawal
- Describe issues with the quality of groundwater and keeping water clean
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Groundwater
- Reading: Porosity and Permeability
- Reading: Aquifers and Well-Potential
- Reading: Groundwater Withdrawal
- Reading: Quality of Groundwater
- Self Check: Components of Groundwater
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.