Describe different geological processes in relation to plate tectonics.
This section demonstrations the implications of plate tectonics. You will be introduced to various formations and features that are attributed to plate tectonics.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Describe the development of continents, continental rifting, and supercontinents.
- Describe the development volcanic arcs.
- Describe the formation of ocean basins.
- Interpret and explain hot spots and how they relate to plate motion.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Supercontinents
- Reading: Volcanic Arcs
- Video: Ocean Basins
- Reading: Hot Spots
- Self Check: Geological Processes
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.