Identify various geologic features associated with groundwater
Groundwater and its behavior can produce a variety of common features. This section will discuss some of these features including karst topography—what it is and where it is located, geysers—what causes them and how they work, and springs—the different types of springs and how they work.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Understand and identify features related to karst topography
- Identify the processes related to the formation of geysers
- Identify the processes related to the different types of springs
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Karst Topography
- Reading: Geysers
- Reading: Springs
- Self Check: Geologic Features
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.