Identify igneous rocks and the steps of the rock cycle related to their formation.
We’ll start by learning about igneous rocks and their formation.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Define the characteristics of an igneous rock.
- Discuss the role of melting and subsequent cooling in the rock cycle.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Characteristics of Igneous Rocks
- Reading: How Are Igneous Rocks Classified?
- Reading: Identifying Igneous Rocks
- Uses of Igneous Rocks
- Self Check: Igneous Rocks
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.