Identify metamorphic rocks and the steps of the rock cycle related to their formation.
The last type of rock is metamorphic rocks. Let’s see what these rocks are like and how they’re formed.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Define the characteristics of a metamorphic rock.
- Discuss the effect of heat, pressure and deformation on rocks.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Characteristics of Metamorphic Rocks
- Video: Identifying Metamorphic Rocks
- Self Check: Metamorphic Rocks
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.