Identify the most common elements in the Earth’s crust and their order of abundance.
This section will introduce you to the most common elements present in the Earth’s crust that directly influence types of minerals formed.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Identify the eight most common elements in Earth’s crust.
- Organize the eight most common elements in Earth’s crust by order of abundance.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Abundance of Elements in Earth’s Crust
- Reading: Silicate Minerals and the Silicate Tetrahedron
- Self Check: Most Common Elements
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.