Critique and interpret major types of evidence supporting the Theory of Plate Tectonics.
Plate tectonics is the most important concept in modern geology. This section will introduce you to the concept of plate tectonics, how it works, why it is important and how it is shaping the world today.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Describe and compare different types of plate motions, rates of motion and the driving mechanisms and forces involved with each.
- Know the role of technology in Plate Tectonics.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Theory of Plate Tectonics
- Reading: Developing the Theory
- Self Check: Theory of Plate Tectonics
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.