Describe and compare different volcano types and the processes that form them
In this section, you will learn the different types of volcanoes, how they are formed and where they are commonly located.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Recognize the different types of volcanoes as well as their physical characteristics: composite, shield and cinder cone
- Recognize the different types of volcanic eruptions
- Discuss the occurance of supervolcanoes
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Types of Volcanoes
- Reading: Types of Eruptions
- Reading: Supervolcanoes
- Self Check: Volcano Types
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.