By the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Define Information Literacy.
- Define the four domains that fall under Metaliterate Learners.
- Identify a lack of knowledge in a subject area.
- Identify a search topic/question and define it using simple terminology.
- Articulate current knowledge on a topic.
- Recognize a need for information and data to achieve a specific end and define limits to the information need.
- Manage time effectively to complete a search.
To be information literate, a person must be able to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information.