Assignment: Professional Skill Building
- Review the transferable skills listed in the self-assessment exercises developed by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- Analyze your strengths and areas in which you need to improve individual essential skills.
- Select one of the Self-Assessment activities listed below that relates to your desired profession.
- Read each statement in Section 1.
- Place a checkmark in the column that best describes how well you can complete that task. Think about your work and life experiences as you consider each task.
- Review your responses for each task. If you have checked five or more in the “Somewhat” and/or “No” columns, you may want to consider upgrading your oral communication skills.
- Complete Section 2 to identify your training needs.