- Identify personal traits that give you self-confidence and use them as a springboard to social interaction
- Make a list of your positive qualities. Acknowledge your accomplishments, talents, and good nature. Ask yourself the following questions to get you started:
- What have I done in the past year that I am proud of?
- What is my proudest accomplishment of all time?
- What unique talents do I have?
- What do people tend to compliment me for?
- What positive impact have I had on other people’s lives?
- Draft your responses as a journal entry, or a diary entry, or even a poem or a brief essay.
- Submit your writing to a friend, a family member, or a social network. Reach out. Be social.