Assignment: The Learning Process
- Define learning styles, and recognize your preferred learning style(s)
- Now it’s time to consider your preferred learning style(s). Take the VARK Questionnaire here.
- Review the types of learning preferences.
- Identify three different classes and describe what types of activities you typically do in these classes. Which learning style(s) do these activities relate to?
- Describe what you think your preferred learning style(s) is/are. How do you know?
- Explain how you could apply your preferred learning style(s) to studying.
- What might your preferred learning style(s) tell you about your interests? Consider which subjects and eventual careers you might like.
- Write 1-2 paragraphs summarizing your findings.
- Define multimodal learning
- Apply your preferred learning styles to classroom scenarios
- Review the three main learning styles and the definition of multimodal learning.
- Identify a class you are currently taking that requires studying.
- Describe how you could study for this class using visual, auditory, and kinesthetic/tactile learning skills.
- Compare your findings with a small group in class.