Identify evidence of climate change
All biomes are universally affected by global conditions, such as climate, that ultimately shape each biome’s environment. Scientists who study climate have noted a series of marked changes that have gradually become increasingly evident during the last sixty years. Global climate change is the term used to describe altered global weather patterns, including a worldwide increase in temperature, due largely to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Define global climate change
- Identify evidence for global climate change
- Identify different drivers of global climate change
- Discuss the results of climate change in our world
- Discuss the impact humans have had on climate change
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- What is Climate Change?
- Evidence for Global Climate Change
- Current and Past Drivers of Global Climate Change
- Documented Results of Climate Change
- Human Impact on the Environment
- Self Check: Climate Change