Identify and explain the important checkpoints that a cell passes through during the cell cycle.
As we just learned, the cell cycle is a fairly complicated process. In order to make sure everything goes right, there are checkpoints in the cycle. Let’s learn about these and how they help control the cell cycle.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Identify important checkpoints in cell division.
- Explain how errors in cell division are related to cancer.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Control of the Cell Cycle
- Reading: Cancer and the Cell Cycle
- Self Check: Cell Cycle Checkpoints