Recognize the impact of DNA mutations.
In this outcome, we’ll learn just what mutations are and how they’re often connected to our DNA.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Understand what a mutation is and how one generally occurs.
- Understand the impact of mutations in somatic cells versus gametes.
- Identify the major types of DNA mutations.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: What is a Mutation?
- Reading: Mutations in Somatic Cells and in Gametes
- Reading: Major Types of Mutations
- Self Check: DNA Mutations