Examine karyotypes and identify the effects of significant changes in chromosome number.
We previously learned how errors in mitosis can potentially lead to cancer. What could errors in meiosis result in? In this outcome, we’ll learn what happens when errors occur in chromosome number.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Identify a karyotype and describe its uses in biology.
- Identify common errors that can create an abnormal karyotype.
- Identify syndromes that result from a significant change in chromosome number.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Karyotypes
- Reading: Common Disorders
- Self Check: Errors in Chromosome Number