Explain the conventions of a family pedigree and predict whether a disease will be passed through a family in one of three modes.
Over the years, we’ve seen that some diseases are hereditary. In this outcome, we’ll learn just how some diseases can be passed through a family line.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Understand why geneticists use pedigrees to track human diseases.
- Understand how a pedigree analysis is used to identify the inheritance pattern of a genetic disorder.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Pedigrees and Disease
- Video: Pedigree Flowchart
- Video: Genetic Disorder and Pedigrees
- Self Check: Heredity and Disease