Discuss biological macromolecules and the differences between the four classes.
As we’ve learned, there are four major classes of biological macromolecules:
- Carbohydrates (polymers of sugars).
- Lipids (polymers of lipid monomers).
- Proteins (polymers of amino acids).
- Nucleic acids (DNA and RNA; polymers of nucleotides).
Let’s take a closer look at the differences between the difference classes.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Define the term “macromolecule.”
- Distinguish between the 4 classes of macromolecules.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Different Types of Biological Macromolecules
- Self Check: Carbohydrates