Identify the stages of meiosis by picture and by description of major milestones; explain why meiosis involves two rounds of nuclear division.
Just what is the difference between mitosis and meiosis? We know that mitosis produces autosomes; meiosis produces sex chromosomes. Let’s learn just how similar and different these processes are.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Identify the stages of meiosis.
- Describe the steps of meiosis I.
- Describe the steps of meiosis II.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Stages of Meiosis
- Reading: Meiosis I
- Reading: Meiosis II
- Video: Meiosis—Where the Sex Starts
- Self Check: Meiosis