Recognize that mutations are the basis of microevolution; and that adaptations enhance the survival and reproduction of individuals in a population.
We’ve already learned about DNA and mutations. In this outcome, we’ll understand how these mutations impact evolution and the change of species.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Understand the connection between genetics and evolution.
- Understand how environmental changes and selective pressures impact the spread of mutations, contributing to the process of evolution.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Video: Population Genetics
- Reading: Selective and Environmental Pressures
- Self Check: Mutations and Evolution